I need a job. Plain and simple. I know I must talk about this a lot. But things are getting drastic. The food that I have now is all I've got. I have $11 in my bank account, a half tank of gas in my car and mountains of schoolwork to finish. And everyone always says "Just call your dad. Ask your dad." So let me explain my reasoning of NOT calling my father at 23 years old and begging for money...
I think its pretty much common knowledge that my dad did not want me to go to grad school. According to his life plan for me, I would have finished JU in May, and he would have found me a job at his company. And I would have been set for life. But, since I've decided that I would like to work in health care and create my own life goals and attend grad school- my world has been turned upside down.
In May I was supposed to become financially independent. Paying my own car insurance, gas and cell phone bill- completely severing the tie. But I couldn't find a job over the summer. So my dad graciously put off my payments to him until September (when I got my refund check). It's now September. I just made a $800.00 payment. I still owe another $1000.00. And I'm sure if my parents knew just how bad it is right now they would send me money in a heartbeat- so this isn't a bashing session on them. Really, I hate owing them money- but I dont want to ask for more because it will keep this tab going. Understand?
I also foolishly spent a good chunk of my refund check on a purse. Which was completely stupid, irresponsible and I think my grumbling tummy reminds me every second never to make that mistake again.
So when I bitch about needing a job- I'm not kidding. This post isn't bashing my parents or me giving off the impression they would let their daughter suffer. I can't ask for the money. I dug myself in this hole, and I need to get myself out. On my own. I can do it. I know it. This is my problem, and my responsibility. I can do this.
No comments:
Post a Comment