I haven't updated in quite some time, mostly because I've been trying to get things in order. So, here we go.
On Friday, I had a job interview in Chelsea Market in the city. I think it went really well. There are 3 applicants for the position, and since we had a crazy storm Thursday night that delayed/suspended a few lines on the LIRR, I was the only one who showed up for the interview (advantage- Daryle). I was originally scheduled for an interview at 10am with what would be my immediate supervisor, and a rep from HR. Not only did I meet with those 2, but they introduced me to their bosses and so on. I ended up having 6 individual interviews, and was in the office for over 2 hours. If that's not a good sign, I don't know what is. I'm supposed to hear from them sometime this week, so I'm really hoping this works out.
Other than that, school has also been going very well. I am a TA for two courses, one of which is taught by the CFO of North Shore-LIJ, the premiere health care system on Long Island. The other professor is the CEO of Nassau University Medical Center, one of NS-LIJ's hospitals. Needless to say, working as a TA for them is a great professional opportunity.
On a personal note, I've been going to therapy twice a week. It's so strange really. I feel as if I live this complete double life. One one hand, I am so involved in my academic and professional career I don't have time to think about anything that happened in July. On the other hand, I find myself holding back in my personal life so much. I don't want to meet anyone new. I'm so uncomfortable in my own skin it is unbelievable. But, I'm so much better than a month ago. Honestly. I laugh. I feel more like my normal self and I feel as if life is really moving on.
But then something happens like Saturday night. I've been trying so much to avoid the country club. But it was Maya's birthday, and they were all getting together, so I decided to go. Of course I see Frank's brother, who I initially met around a year ago but used to speak to on the phone frequently when I was with him. He gave me a big hug, kiss on the cheek and asked how I was doing. I said fine, and he asked if I was okay- meaning he knew everything. I was a little tipsy at this point, so I invited him to come drink with us, and he said he was driving and couldn't. He asked where I live, and he said he lived in the same town and so I suggested we could share a cab (WHAT WAS I THINKING). He agreed to drink with us, so I went inside and discreetly told Maya what happened and how I was insane for offering to even associate with him. I'm guessing that he heard me, because soon after he decided it would be better if he went home.
Fast forward to last night. I'm sitting in my apartment. My doorbell rings. Its his brother. I hid. I couldn't answer the door. I'm sure he saw me. I'm insane.
Seeing his brother was so strange. They look alike. Sound alike. Even smell alike. I'm still freaked out. Moral of the story: If I'm hiding from his brother, God only knows what would happen if I actually saw Frank.
I'm soo happy things are going well in your professional life and I am happy you are laughing again....your laugh always made me HAPPY :) i love you babe. keep pushing forward you are doing GREAT! <3
ReplyDelete