Monday, August 9, 2010

Better days

For the first time since this entire ordeal has happened, I am really looking forward to tomorrow. I recently received a call from Hofstra letting me know that I am the recipient of the MHA fellowship for this upcoming academic year. $3000.00 worth of fellowship. Right off my loans. Fantastic. I now go in and work with my program director once a week doing tasks to help take the MHA program at Hofstra to the next level. Tomorrow will be my 3rd week and I'm really enjoying it so far.

However, this is REALLY what I'm excited about. Last week, I spoke with one of my professors regarding 2 internships (both paid) and at exceptional hospitals (one of which is highly prestigious and located in Manhattan). A classmate of mine is currently doing her internship at one, and said that she has put in so many good words for me that her boss wants to hire me before she even meets me. I'm so excited. All of my hard work here is finally paying off, and the timing could not be more perfect. Not only are these opportunities unbelievable, but they are also my ticket out of the country club. That's right. I will no longer feel obligated to stay at the country club just to make sure I can pay my rent. I'm just hoping everything works out in the end- so keep your fingers crossed for me!

In other news, which also isn't as exciting, I received a call from my surgeon regarding my most recent bloodwork. I am still anemic (no surprise there- he previously told me its going to be 4 months before my iron is back to normal), and my thyroid levels are high. So I have to go see him tomorrow to talk about treatment options. I'm not worried.

I'm finding my days off of work are the best I've felt in a while. Please God let this internship work out so I can work on moving on.

No comments:

Post a Comment